Calvados Boulard has been established in the year 1825 in Normandy by Pierre-Auguste Boulard. Distillation skills have been handed on from generation to generation in the family. Pays d’Auge is the best inner growing area of apples grown in preparing the cider and distillation of calvados in Normandy.
Fruitily apple-like calvados:
– amber yellow with coppery subtone as to colour;
– the aroma is fruitily full and fresh. Ripe apples, pear crust and white flowers with light sweet citrus note can be felt. Slight spiciness has been added to the aroma of the drink from short-term seasoning in oak barrels.
– the taste is vividly apple-like and fresh and well integrated with alcohol.
Fresh juicy apples including slight balanced sweet spiciness can be felt where vanilla nuance is dominant. After-taste is long, fruity and soft;
– Grand Solage calvados has been distilled based on 2 x Pot Still method of different kinds of apple having grown in Pays d´Auge district. It has been made of cider, having seasoned for 2-5 years in the French Troncais oak barrels.
Slightly chilly at 14-16 ºC, in tulip-shaped glass, suitable to serve also in whiskey glass with ice cubes.
For enjoying as digestive after meals as an independent drink, excellent component for cocktails.
Awards and honors
- IWSR degustation in Germany 2011- gold medal
- IWSR degustation in London 2010- silver medal