Calvados Boulard has been established in the year 1825 in Normandy by Pierre-Auguste Boulard. Distillation skills have been handed on from generation to generation in the family. Pays d’Auge is the best inner growing area of apples grown in preparing the cider and distillation of calvados in Normandy.
Full, slightly spicy calvados:
– Ruddy-brown as to colour;
– the aroma is fruitily intense and full where dried baked apples including dried orange crust and sweet spices can be felt, complemented by the note of bitter chocolate and roasted nuts;
– the taste is rich of fruits and full; apple marmalade, roasted hazelnuts, dark chocolate, dried herbs, clove and vanilla can be felt. After-taste is long, delicate and spicily intense;
– V.S.O.P. calvados has been distilled based on 2 x Pot Still method of the cider made of different kinds of apple having grown in Pays d´Auge district and it seasons for 8-15 years in the French Troncais oak barrels
Slightly chilly at 14-16 ºC, in tulip-shaped glass, suitable to serve also in whiskey glass with ice cubes.
For enjoying as digestive after meals as an independent drink.
Awards and honors
- 2 x gold medal San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2012 + gold medal in “Best Brandy“ category
- San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2011- gold medal
- IWSR degustation in London 2011- bronze medal
- IWSR degustation in London 2010- silver medal