Calvados Boulard has been established in the year 1825 in Normandy by Pierre-Auguste Boulard. Distillation skills have been handed on from generation to generation in the family. Pays d’Auge is the best inner growing area of apples grown in preparing the cider and distillation of calvados in Normandy.
Fruitily creamy calvados:
– golden amber yellow with coppery subtone as to colour;
– the aroma is fruitily intense and full. Dried baked apples including dried orange crust and sweet spices can be felt, to which the nuance of roasted coffee beans is adding an amplitude;
– the taste is rich of fruits and full. Apple marmalade, roasted hazelnuts, milk chocolate, almonds, clove and vanilla can be felt. After-taste is long, delicate and velvety soft;
– V.S.O.P. calvados has been distilled based on 2 x Pot Still method of different kinds of apple having grown in Pays d´Auge district. Made of cider, having seasoned for 4-10 years in the French Troncais oak barrels.
Slightly chilly at 14-16 ºC, in tulip-shaped glass, suitable to serve also in whiskey glass with ice cubes.
For enjoying as digestive after meals as an independent drink, excellent component for cocktails.
Awards and honors
- San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2012- gold medal
- San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2011- gold medal
- Concours Géneral de Paris 2011- gold medal
- IWSR degustation in London 2011- bronze medal
- IWSR degustation in London 2010- bronze medal
- Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2010- bronze medal